Thursday, October 10, 2013

What the what!?!?!?

Oh my goodness my 4 miles yesterday were BRUTAL.

I ran on Riverside again, which is usually great. Yesterday, though, the very thing that typically acts as motivation was downright discouraging. Normally, when I see other runners on the trail, I get motivated......"look at us all, we're running, we're awesome!". Yesterday, the only runners I saw were the ones coming around to pass me like I was standig still. I got schooled by an old man in a sweatband wearing Richard Simmons shorts. It was just embarassing!!!

Statistics-wise, this wasn't a terrible outing: 4 miles, total time = 59:29, average pace = 14'28"

The bottom line is that this whole run was miserable. My legs were heavy, my shins hurt, my calves were screaming, and I struggled to run/walk a 5/1 interval the ENTIRE TIME! The only good thing about this run was that I lapped everyone on the couch and I found out that my new running pants and spi belt rock..........that's about it.

It's obviously a rest day, but I want to run tonight (what the what?!?!). I'm not physically capable of doing so because I'm in Houston for work and won't be home until 11:00 pm. While I was running last night, I repeated phrases like "never again", and "why do I do this to myself?". So why in the world do I want to run today? All I can say is that I'm hooked and will continue to torture myself for some reason unbeknownst to me.

Let's hope the MIND OVER MATTER mantra continues to work, because I'm going to need it.

1 comment: