Monday, October 14, 2013

Officially crazy I am!!!

Purple Stride Oklahoma was this weekend and it was awesome! Thank you to all of my friends who were a part of this event either by donating or participating.

I completed the entire 5k without walking and it was amazing to show myself that I could do it. I beat my previous PR by 12 seconds with a time of 42:32 and an average pace of 13'40" (that is lightning fast for me)! I really wanted to PR this race and run the whole thing because it's for Pancreatic Cancer awareness and that disease is the shits! It took my Mom way too young and I will do anything to raise awareness and research funds. The whole day was a success and a little emotional for me, but it was good.

I'm supposed to run 6 miles tonight but it's raining and my Grandma invited us over for meatloaf. UGH! I hate making choices in life. I really really really need to run tonight to stay on schedule, but I haven't gotten around to getting my gym membership to run inside. I don't mind running in the rain as long as it's warm, but it's a bit chilly outside so that's pretty much out of the question. I'm just going to adjust my calendar and make it work.

I have to make it work because I just did something REALLY stupid. I actually signed up and paid for the half marathon that I've been talking about. Suddenly this is all VERY real. There are only 40 days left until this fat girl will be standing at the starting line with nothing between her and the finish line except 13.1 extremely long hard miles. I am literally sick to my stomach just thinking about it. The farthest I have run so far in my training is 5 miles and I just feel so unprepared. I realize a lot can happen in 40 days; I mean, look how far I've come in the last 40 days. I just don't see how it will possible for me to do this. I know I can, I know I will, but my psyche just can't get on-board right now. I need a serious kick in the arse.

It might be a little late, but I'm going to start getting serious about cross-training and nutrition. That second one is such a pain. Life would be so much easier if I didn't have to eat and plan to eat and shop to eat and on and on and on......

MIND OVER MATTER

1 comment:

  1. I know you can do it! You have your mind set and we are all here to support you!

    ReplyDelete