Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Run / 12'00" Pace?

Put in 4 miles on Saturday, even though I absolutely did not want to. I fought with myself for 30 minutes before sucking it up and heading out the door. I decided I didn't want to have to blog about how I was a lazy bum over the weekend and didn't get my mileage in, so I ran instead!

I drove to Riverside to get out of the rut that I've been in with running the same ole routes. It really did help.

My total run time was 56:27 at an average pace of 14'06" (last time I ran 4 miles my average was 14'09".....yay for small victories)

I checked my pace about 1/2 a mile in and was shocked to see that I was running below a 12 minute average. This has NEVER happened before and I'm not sure what came over me. For a few seconds I thought there might be something wrong with my app even. Fat girls do NOT run this fast......what the heck is going on? The really weird part is that I didn't FEEL like I was running any faster than my usual snails pace.

I purposefully slowed down because I didn't want to expend all my energy up front. I'm so glad I did because around the 3 mile mark I didn't know how I was going to finish! Makes me wonder how in the world I'm ever going to be able to make it 13.1 miles. All I know is that somehow, I will make it.

Slated for 5 miles this evening.


MIND OVER MATTER

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Looking forward to hearing about tonight's run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Tonight was a physical struggle.......

    ReplyDelete