Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fleet Feet Rocks!

So I went into Fleet Feet today to buy some running pants and a spi belt. Running around in all cotton while holding my phone and car keys in my hands just isn't cutting it for me anymore. That was fine for 2 miles, but not for 5+ miles.

Anyway, I secretly hate going to these running specialty stores for anything because I really don't feel like a runner. I'm always afraid that someone is looking at me like "what is that fat girl doing in here?"! I was also concerned that they wouldn't have any running pants that would fit me.

I was wrong on both accounts!

Not only did they have pants that fit me, but I didn't even come close to fitting in the biggest size they carried. WOO HOO!!!

The lady that helped me while I was in the store and recommended the spi belt to me was wicked awesome. She asked me about my training program and I didn't want to, but I told her about how I am running AND walking. I figured I would get that look.......you know the one......."you're not a runner, you're a wolf in sheep's clothing"! Instead, she told me about how she did an ironman (WOW) and for the running portion she did a marathon by running for 5 minutes and walking for 2 minutes. She said it was the only way she could get through it without her back bothering her.

See, I am a runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment