Thursday, October 17, 2013

No rest for the weary....

Last night was night #2 of horrible sleep, and it's taking its toll. I also think the rhino virus has set up camp in my body. LOVELY!

Now on to more important items, last night’s 6 miler……

I completed the run in 1 hour 27 minutes and 49 seconds at an average pace of 14’27”

Pretty darn good considering I didn’t know if I was going to be able to do it at all. I also set a PR for my fastest mile at 12’46” (watch out y’all, I’m a speed demon)! This PR came during the first mile and my pace slowed down quite a bit from there, which is obvious from my slower overall average. I chose 4:1 run/walk intervals for this run and I think I will stick with those numbers (5 minutes just seemed like a bit much on my last 4 miler).

In general, this run felt pretty good. Once I hit the 4.5 mile mark, I knew I was going to finish. There is nothing like knowing that you’re going to complete something that you set out to do, no matter how much it sucks. Around mile 5, I started to have this funky pain in my left shin. It didn’t really HURT, it just felt strange. I slowed down a bit and it went away, hopefully to never return. My knee hurts this morning, but it’s a bearable pain and is probably just sore. I’m hoping and praying that my knee holds out until the race in November. I’ve been taking glucosamine twice a day like a geriatric lately so that should help.

I also hit a mini milestone during this run. Since July 7th, I have logged 104.5 miles! I don’t care how fast you’re going, 100+ miles is better than zero…………..

Now I just have to make it through this workday without passing out or falling over while walking on my sore legs.

MIND OVER MATTER

No comments:

Post a Comment