Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Time management

I was scheduled for 4 miles yesterday, but only had time for 2. Before July 7th (my running birthday) I would not have even bothered with the 2 miles, but the new me thinks that 2 miles is better than zero! What amazed me about this run is how awful only 2 miles can feel. After racking up 7 miles on Saturday, I thought this little 2 miler would be a breeze. I was dead wrong. My legs were like heavy concrete blocks and my shins were SCREAMING the whole time.

Stats: 2 miles, 28:10, 13'54" average

I'm getting really sick and tired of my legs hurting for the majority of every run. There is just no possible way that it's supposed to feel like this. The soreness in my knee is one thing, but stabbing pain in both of my shins on every run is entirely another. I'm going to continue stretching and use my grid roller after every run in hopes that this miraculously goes away. Otherwise the mental aspect of running will have to serve me well if I'm going to make it 8 miles this weekend.

MIND OVER MATTER

No comments:

Post a Comment