Sunday, September 28, 2014

JUST DAMN!

I am sick and tired of life getting in the way. JUST DAMN!!!

Two weeks ago, I was in Denver for work and missed 8 of my 11 miles that I was supposed to run that week.

This past week I was in Baton Rouge for work and I missed one of my week night 3 milers. "No big deal" I thought; "I'll get back on track"!

This morning I was due for a 6 mile long run. My mind said "LET'S DO THIS!"

My body said "NO EFFING WAY!!!"

I'm still pissed about it and it was over 10 hours ago. I only completed 3 miles! WHISKEY. TANGO. FOXTROT.

I was the shadow on the wall in this picture:


My mind kept pleading with me to be the fit blonde girl pushing through the pain, but my body was feeling the affects of missed training runs. It never ceases to amaze me how long it takes to build up your endurance versus how quickly it all goes away by missing just a few days.

The good news is that the half marathon is far enough off that I can hit the reset button and get back on track. I don't have any other trips planned for work so that will help.

Honestly, I need to start putting myself first. When I have a run planned and someone says "hey, wanna go X, Y, or Z?", the answer is probably going to be HELL NO!

Tuesday evening, Thursday evening, and Saturday morning will be off limits (unless it's baseball season and then I will have to just figure out the Saturday thing because the kiddos come first).

No more "I'm too tired" or "I don't feel like it"! I need to quit being such a whiner and get out there and effing run! Otherwise before I know it I will be back to barely being able to run a mile without feeling like I'm going to die.

Tomorrow is a new day! I will conquer it!!!

MIND OVER MATTER

No comments:

Post a Comment