Thursday, September 11, 2014

The effortless run, if there is such an animal

I find it funny that on days when I'm excited to get my run in, I feel terrible during my run more often than not. Then there are days like today, where it was a struggle to put on my shoes and get out the door, but once I was half a mile in, it felt effortless. These are my absolute favorite runs! That kind where out of nowhere you're 2.8 miles in and sort of bummed that you're only slated for 3 miles total.........

I will be cursing myself for that statement come Sunday when I have to log 5 miles for this week's long run. It always seems like I struggle through every. single. mile. during my long runs.

I'm pretty sure the weather had something to do with my euphoria today. Lord knows that running did not become effortless for this fat girl overnight, that ish takes time and a lot of hard work! So not only do SNAKES make you run faster, so to does a 22 degree drop in temperature! Apparently a 22 degree temperature swing directly correlates to an increase in velocity of 48 seconds/mile (carry the one and ignore the coefficient of friction).

Stats:  3 miles / 38:27 / 12'48" per mile average

Random thoughts during tonight's run:

  • "There sure is a lot of traffic tonight"
  • "Its getting dark earlier and its kinda creepy"
  • "Was that a spider or a small leaf?"
  • "Does this church have services EVERY Tuesday and Thursday or are they leasing their parking lot for neighborhood overflow parking?"
  • "Love this Katie Perry song and I really don't care who hears me, I'm gonna sing"

If you were disturbed by a crazed runner plodding down the sidewalk along 51st street with a set of crazy eyes on the lookout for SNAKES singing 'Dark Horse' rather loudly, my sincerest apologies.

MIND OVER MATTER

No comments:

Post a Comment