Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The road is my castle

Tonight's run was 3 miles of pure spectacularity (yes, that is a word, Google it)!

While out and about on the road, I realized that the road is my castle and I am the QUEEN. I own the road, it doesn't own me. The road is not judgemental, it doesn't care what my hair looks like, and it doesn't care how skinny I'm not. Most importantly, the road does not make crazy demands or ring incessantly like my office phone. It does not think I should speed up or slow down, it does not criticize my pace. I am free to do as I please; I am in control, no one else.

THAT is what I love about running! No deadlines, no responsibilities, no stress, no judgement, just me competing with me..........

There were no records broken today (3 miles @ 13'02" per mile), but I enjoyed it, and that's worth something to me!

Shout out to my sister for hash tagging my previous blog post on Facebook with "my sister is better than your sister" :)

She's right folks. Holla

MIND OVER MATTER

2 comments: