Saturday, November 22, 2014

Let the countdown begin

Half marathon number two is only 14 hours, 25 minutes, and 20 seconds away........................well, the start that is. The finish is a little farther off than that, I just don't know how much farther. Distance wise it is 13.1 miles, but timewise is anyone's guess at this point.

My fan club (all 6 of you) seems to think I can finish in under 3 hours with no problem, but I'm not so sure. Although my training this year went better than last year, it still wasn't everything I wanted it to be. That's life though. My Mom used to tell me that life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. So true! Planning on running 8 miles the Sunday before race day? I don't think so, have some knee pain and 5 hours of snow on long run day! Planning on getting in a few 3 milers to keep loose the week before the race? I don't think so, here's three 12 hour days at the office in a row!

#soannoying

It is what it is! The start line is almost upon me and training is behind me. I have those first time jitters out of the way. Although I'm still really nervous, the fear of the unknown is not present. I know I can run 13.1 miles because I've done it before. Not only will I do it again, but I will beat my previous time, I'm confident in that. And it's just a bonus that it will be above freezing this year, albeit potentially raining. I'll take rain over frozen sweat anyday!

According to Nike app, I am expected to finish in 3:04:19. That's an estimated 14 minute PR if I can pull it off (I finished last year in 3:18:18). I have a feeling Sandy is going to push me with her perky self as always. So excited I won't be running alone this year! I will also have the hubby supporting me at several spots along the route by riding his bike again this year. Thanks in advance babe!

Goal #1:  FINISH

Goal #2:  FINISH UNDER 3:10

Goal #3:  FINISH UNDER 3:00

And to all the haters out there that think I'm running half of something tomorrow, feast your eyes on this..................



If you'll excuse me, I need to go stuff my face with potato and get my beauty rest!

MIND OVER MATTER









3 comments:

  1. Are you still running? What happened in the half?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm still running, just doing a terrible job of keeping my blog updated! :)

    I finished the half in 3 hours 39 seconds. SO close to goal #3!!!

    ReplyDelete