Sunday, November 9, 2014

10 miles (the hard way)

Today I completed 10 miles for the second time in my life. The only other time I have reached 10 miles was during the half marathon last year.

Last year I let life get in the way fat girl style and only reached 9 miles during my training. I planned to reach 12 miles during training this year, but again, life got in the way (this is becoming a recurring theme and I don't like it).

Stats:  10.00 miles / 2:21:17 / 14'07" per mile average

Not record breaking speed, but I finished. I was joined again by miss perky face herself (that would be Sandy for those of you not following along). She was a pleasure as always. She graced my ear drums with renditions of Whitney Houston and Dolly Parton, super old school. Don't think I could've done it without her small words of encouragement. After our 9 miles last Sunday, she signed-up to run the half marathon with me. I am so pumped!

Only 13 more days until the race!!!

Last year I finished in 3:29:04 with an average pace of 15'22" per mile. My primary goal this year is to finish (as always). My secondary goal is to beat 3:10:00. Sandy is convinced that I can do it in under 3 hours, but I'm not so sure. I don't want to set a goal and not meet it, so let's just call sub 3 hours my "thirdary" goal (or whatever word is appropriate for a goal after your secondary goal).

This past week I had another rough one with life in general. Work is still kicking my ass and I didn't feel well all week; sore throat, tight chest, headache, and clogged up ears. Needless to say I did not run at all this week. Not a single step since my 9 miles last week. I don't know why I keep doing that to myself. It makes the weekend runs so much harder. I have got to be more dedicated to every single run for the next two weeks or I might just get out there and fall over when I try to do 13.1 miles. I'm tired of doing this the hard way!!!

Here's to no more "starting over" on Sundays!



MIND OVER MATTER

No comments:

Post a Comment