Sunday, November 16, 2014

Down But Not Out!

I got one run in this week..................O-N-E!!!

It was Wednesday and it was 27 degrees at 6:30 with no sunlight. I was supposed to do 4 miles but settled for a 5k. I'm a bit of a fair weather runner...................who knew!

Friday rolled around and I just didn't feel like it. Too cold, too BLAH!

I was going to do 8 miles yesterday, but my knee has been bothering me. I handled 10 miles last weekend with no problem. I felt fine during the 5k on Wednesday. For some reason my knee started bothering me Friday afternoon. I have no idea what I did to it, but I got up from my desk at one point and couldn't believe how much it was hurting. There's no telling!

So I didn't run yesterday. My knee is feeling better today, but it started snowing this morning and the last thing I need 6 days before the race is to slip and break something or tweak my knee even worse. So I stayed in bed..................until 9:30! It was blissful.

But now I find myself feeling like a sloth. I haven't run in 4 days and it's quite depressing. I haven't even left the house today. I spend all my time running myself ragged (literally) and then when I do have a day where I do nothing I feel completely worthless. What is up with that?!?!

Only 6 days, 15 hours, 15 minutes, and 10 seconds until the race (but who's counting)!

The plan for this week is to get a 4 miler in on Tuesday, 3 miles on Thursday, leave the office early on Friday (yeah right) to go to packet pickup, and then do an easy 2 miler before going to dinner for my birthday Friday.

Not running puts me in a serious funk! I think that's why I hate winter (I loathe the treadmill)!!!


If you see me moping around during the cold months, now you know why! Mother nature can bite me!!!

MIND OVER MATTER


No comments:

Post a Comment