Sunday, November 2, 2014

9 Blissful Miles

Today reminded me of why I love running. It hurt and it was cold and windy and even rained at one point. But it was amazing!

It doesn't take much to get better than last week's 8 miler. That was horrendous and I would love to just forget about it.

While I didn't get all my mileage in this week because of work, I did get one 4 mile run in on Tuesday. I think that combined with sleeping in on Saturday and catching up on some zzzzzz's made for a MUCH better long run today.

The bottom line is it doesn't matter how tired I am, Sunday is long run day and there are only 20 days left until the race! No time to sit here and be tired:

 




I have thought several times over the last month about throwing in the towel on training for this half marathon. Work is just so crazy right now that it's hard to justify spending hours each week training for a race. It just feels selfish. But dammit I've worked hard to get where I am and all of that would be gone in less than 2 weeks! So I keep going..................

Sandy ran with me today and it was awesome. I could've done without the 15 mph wind in my face heading South, but I don't control the weather, I just bitch about it.

Stats:  9.00 miles / 2:04:21 / 13'48" per mile average

The last time I ran 9 miles I averaged 14'36" per mile (more progress - slow and steady).

I'm starting to think that I could do this race in under 3 hours. More about that later, but that's the goal (aside from finishing of course).

A lot of people ask me why I started running, much less decided to run a half marathon. They think it's so I can lose weight or stay fit or whatever else they imagine. But that's not it at all. Honestly, it's about setting a goal and accomplishing it no matter what life throws at you.

 


MIND OVER MATTER (badass style)

No comments:

Post a Comment