Monday, September 30, 2013

I just have to........

I cannot stand it!

I must run tonight. I cannot sit idly by while 12 weeks of training goes down the drain. No stinkin' way!!!

After a little research, I have decided to test my road-worthiness tonight with a 5 mile run. This will obviously be done with intervals of walking, because let's face it, I'm still a 'fat girl' trying to train for a half marathon. Walking is a must at some point during these long distance runs. If I didn't have those walking intervals to look forward to I don't know if I would make it, honestly. Sad......but oh so true!

I plan to take it pretty easy tonight on the pace, not that I'm usually a road runner or anything. I'm pretty sure I've been passed by a few mailboxes on some of my runs recently. But in all seriousness, it seems that if your back does not hurt in the act of running, then it is okay to run. This is all the permission I need to at least give it a try. It's not like I injured my back while running, I bent over to pick up my laptop for crying out loud. I promise to back off (pun intended) and limp my 'fat girl' self back home if my back starts to hurt tonight.

Wish me luck!

MIND OVER MATTER

No comments:

Post a Comment