Friday, September 20, 2013

Run Log (Tuesday, September 17th and Thursday, September 19th)

Oh boy did I pay for those six days off last week! I ran my required 2.5 miles last Tuesday while out of town for work. I ended up skipping my run last Thursday because I did not get home from the airport until 11:00 pm (excuses excuses, but a valid one at least). When Saturday rolled around and I was due to run 4 miles, I just didn't feel like it (I told myself I would make it up on Sunday, but I didn't).

I ran my required 2.5 miles this Tuesday, but I paid for it big time. My legs hurt from the second I started to the second I finished and my breathing was more labored than usual. I will NEVER skip a run again if I can help it. My pace was 15'20", which included two walking intervals at 2 minutes each. Not too shabby for this fat girl.

Yesterday I put in 3 miles at 14'29" (again with two walking intervals at 2 minutes each). This was a PB for me for a 3 mile distance; I beat my last time by 40 seconds! I actually had a 1/2 mile segment of this run where I didn't feel like my legs were going to fall off. It was great! I still hurt pretty bad when I got done, but luckily my husband was there to torture me (I mean massage my calves and shins).

Due for my first 4 mile run on Sunday. Should be interesting. I know I can physically do it, I just need to get my mind to know that I can do it.

MIND OVER MATTER

2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog on Facebook. I believe a friend we have in common liked a post and it showed up on my newsfeed. Anyways! I wanted to say Good for you! I started running 2 years ago. My goal was a 5K. I finished it around 38 minutes. Not a terribly impressive time, but the old gimpy guy who crossed the finish right in front of me gave me the motivation to try again! If he could do it faster than me, I was going to do the next one faster! Since then I have finished 3 half marathons and I'm currently training for the Rt. 66 full Marathon. I started the Rt. 66 half last year but didn't finish due to injury. This year, I'm going to conquer it by doing the full! The thing that has kept me going was finding some running friends that I can occasionally meet up with. We stay in touch through www.dailymile.com. I love seeing my miles add up as the week goes on. Sometimes that's more satisfying than doing the runs. Because like you said, sometimes you just don't feel like running. If you make a profile on dailymile, look me up! I show up as Mandy F. from Haysville, KS. Friend me on facebook if you'd like. I share all my runs and workouts from dailymile on my facebook page as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement Mandy. I am going to run the Route 66 half! Maybe I will see you there.........

      Delete