Friday, November 15, 2013

The Best Laid Plans........

So I haven't run since last Thursday (1 week ago)!!! NOT. ONE. SINGLE. STEP.

Oh the shame! I seriously let "life" get in my way this time. My Mom used to say "life is what happens when we're busy making plans". That beautiful Mother of mine sure was a smart lady. Lord have mercy I miss her.

I made a plan earlier this week to run NO MATTER WHAT. Guess what? That didn't happen. I worked late every single night and it was dark before I even left the office (and it was friggin' COLD). It's super hard to get motivated to go run when you're exhausted and it's dark and cold outside. These are all excuses and I need to get my fat ass in gear. If I run tonight then technically I will only miss 1 of my planned runs for this week (guess I'm running tonight). This little "break" I have taken could not have come at a worse time. The Route 66 half marathon is only 8 days, 23 hours, 14 minutes, and 8 seconds away (commence screaming/crying/fit throwing)........

I hesitate to even try to make another plan at this point because I will be flying to Denver Monday, then New Orleans/Baton Rouge Tuesday, and back home on Thursday. I am seriously irritated that I have to travel the week of the half marathon, but really I have no choice (duty calls). I know that if I don't make a plan, I probaby won't run at all, so here goes: 3 miles tonight, 5 miles Sunday, 3 miles in Baton Rouge Wednesday, 2 miles at home on Friday.

So there it is, my new "plan".

A month ago I stated that I wanted to finish the half under 3 hours and 15 minutes. At this point with so much of my training down the toilet, I just want to finish.............

No comments:

Post a Comment